Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Readings this Week

I have two readings this week. These have been nerve-wracking but fun. Speaking in front of people makes me very, very nervous. Certainly, that puts me in the majority, but it seems weird given that I speak in front of people every day for my job. Question: how is teaching different than speaking in front of people? Why is talking about books to my students different than talking about books at a reading? I don't know. But it is. Very.

The 'me' part of these readings has been challenging for me but great. The Q&A has been awesome. That is a lot more like teaching. It's been just amazing to meet people who are reading and enjoying the book. The kindness of strangers -- nothin' better.

So if you're nearby, do please come say hello.

Tacoma, WA
Thurs. Sept. 23, 5:30pm
University of Puget Sound
Trimble Forum
All are very welcome. There will be snacks!

Portland, OR
Fri. Sept. 24, 7pm
Powell's Cedar Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment