Monday, July 12, 2010

Top Five Reasons Why This Blog Makes Me Kinda Nervous

1) Is there anybody out there? I have no idea. If so, please do let me know. I'd love to meet you, however electronically.

2) It's so very public. I mean I realize that's the point here of course. But still. I am used to editing my written thoughts for a year and a half or so before they go out there into the world.

3) The world of book publishing turns out to be a crazy, complex one, and I long not to offend anyone.

4) Blogs whose main goal is not to offend anyone are probably pretty boring.

5) Eh, I worry generally. About everything. So my nervousness here probably shouldn't shock or concern anyone.

All that said, welcome!, whoever you are. I am thrilled you're here, grateful for your interest and support, and eager to blog many offensive and non-worrisome things any minute now.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the publishing of your first (of many, I predict by the first chapter) novel. I look forward to reading it.
    Worrying may run in your family--just a guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new book! Damon Davis, Columbia, MD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurie -

    We have not met; my husband, Nathan Auer, knows your husband and he sent me a link to your book. Congratulations! I look forward to reading it.

    I am also a mom (I have 20-month old boy/girl twins), work four days a week as the Recycling Education Coordinator for an eastside city, and am an aspiring novelist. I have managed to write about 70 pages of one novel, and I have ideas for two more.

    I would to learn any tips you have for finding time to write. Also, did you have a writing coach/editor/mentor. And, of course, how did you go about getting published?

    I have a couple blogs, one from when I was a single girl about town: http://www.openhandtheory.com/thoughts.html

    More recently I post at www.onemomspeaks.com

    Thanks Laurie - all the best with your book!

    Stacey Auer
    contactsba@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are out here, enjoying your blog and awaiting your book!

    Mark
    Columbia MD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I read parts of the book on Amazon and have my copy pre-ordered for Kindle :)
    The website, the blog, the FB presence - it's great! All part of getting the word out there. You're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. (this is Rita) Oops! I just realized my comments are being posted with a name we (my husband and I) used to use for our blog...and it doesn't even print correctly...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your book after reading a good review of it in the Seattle Times today. I looked you up on Goodreads and I'm happy to see you on my favorite website! Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete